Starting, and maintaining a small business can be overwhelming; there are so many things to consider, every single day. Branding, pricing, developing a personal style that sets you apart, reaching new clients, maintaining current clients, perfecting your portfolio to show your best work, being present on social media, living your brand, technical and computer skills, staying inspired to continue to create your best work possible, etc… It’s a lot to manage! It can be hard to focus on our long-term goals, when we get caught up in the day-to-day activities of being a small business owner. As self-employed individuals, we tend to get stuck in our own little bubbles, seeing problems, but struggling to work through them on our own. Sometimes we just need help and guidance from someone with experience who can look from the outside-in, and begin to work through the haze, towards a clear and successful place! This is where the value of a mentorship lies.
With a background as a workshop teacher and creative program instructor, I love helping people learn and am a strong believer in community over competition. Having spent almost a decade developing my own businesses, I have worked through many of the problems that new business owners face. Whatever your questions are, I would love to help you find the answer. A mentorship is an invaluable investment, helping you develop and grow as a business owner and artist. Whether you are a budding portrait or wedding photographer, or aspiring creative entrepreneur, let’s connect!
Let’s Get Coffee
- Initial 30 minute phone or Skype interview to meet, connect, and establish basic business goals to work towards together
- Full 90 minute in-person or Skype session of ask-anything brain-picking, including but not limited to:
- Portfolio review
- Pricing review
- Design & branding
- Social media advice
- Goal-setting, and more
- Follow-up 30 minute phone or Skype interview to reconnect, review progress, and talk about what’s next for your business!
Headshots & More
- All of the above PLUS
- A mini-headshot session for YOU!
- Show potential clients who you are during a 30 minute headshot session with City Lights Studio
- Includes 5 finished professional and fun images for your website & social media
Shoot Along Session
- One hour portfolio building portrait session
- Shoot alongside photographer Erica Eichelkraut
- Learn how to connect to your clients
- Tips for natural posing, how to achieve successful candid images
- Learn techniques for shooting with natural light and various lenses
- Work with fun models provided by the studio
- Perfect for lifestyle family sessions, headshots, engagements & more
- One hour of image review
- Side-by-side editing & post-production
- Discuss display options, client delivery & print fulfillment
- (Add one hour of off-camera lighting set-ups for studio and on-location shooting lessons …. +$175)
- (Add one hour of application lessons : Lightroom tricks & Photoshop retouching skills…. +$175)
Ready to focus on your business?
- Click ‘Contact Us’ above to see if a mentorship with City Lights Studio is right for your business!